Saturday, January 30, 2010

Over Oats!

Last week was an extremely blah week for me, even though I exercised I felt like crap. I don't know what it was but thank goodness that feeling has gone and I am feelin' good...okay kind of tired since my love bug is popping another tooth. That's okay though, I drink my water and take my vitamins and I feel a-okay!

I keep hearing (and reading) that eating oatmeal for breakfast is the best way to go, it keeps you fuller, longer and is relatively low in calories. I don't know about the rest of you but most mornings I am not in the mood to cook oats for 20 minutes! Add on to that that I refuse to eat oats cooked in water, I don't know what it is but the thought makes me wanna hurl.
So, I read somewhere about soaking oats overnight then draining the water and microwaving them....minus the water and you've got an idea I can get on board with.
Photobucket
So before I go to bed I put 1/2 cup of rolled oats (not a fan of steel cut, yeck) in a container with 3/4 cup of fat free milk and 1 teaspoon of honey or 1/2 packet of stevia. Cover and let it meld and soak overnight. In the morning take the lid off and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Add some berries (or grated apple), some kind of chopped nuts (in this pic I have red walnuts), and whatever seasoning you desire (nutmeg, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice) and you've got breakfast!
Photobucket
I go to sleep happy as a clam knowing that I'm waking up to this deliciousness!
If you're an egg eater make sure you eat a few egg whites with this or if you despise all thing eggs (like me) eat 2 slices of low-sodium turkey bacon or drink a quick protein shake.

That's it for tonight...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment